The largest turnout of the season so far made the most of a beautiful warm, still evening down at Horne with some impressive times recorded by everyone.
Matt Peel took the scratch win but Matthew Ferguson - with lots of racing in his legs - has edged within thirty seconds now and is looking magnificently aero on his bike.
Also great to see RCC's Simon Powell getting ever closer to the sub 21 minute marker.
David Elliot will have to endure a week of dad-mocking at home as son Ben took 26 seconds out of him tonight.
Also great to see the gangs from Oxted CC and also from C&N in Redhill turning out. In fact, one time RCC golden youth Damian Pittock returned to the course after many years away from riding at Horne to record a creditable 23.20. Meanwhile, Chairman Peter will be investigating ways to shave off the 9 seconds needed to get him below 24 minutes. Suggestions include: 1) Being aero 2) TT bike 3) Skinsuit 4) Pointy helmet 5) larger shove from pusher-off... none of which we anticipate being acted on but perhaps his ascending summer fitness will make the difference instead.
A lovely sociable evening recommended to all...
- No16. Matt Peel - RCC 19:13.3
- No12. Matthew Ferguson - RCC 19:41.7
- No8. Rich Heath - OCC 20:14.7
- No1. Simon Powell - RCC 21:14.2
- No18. Ryan Harris - RCC 21:43.8
- No17. Norman Blissett - InGear 21:55.6
- No15. Russell Hicks - OCC 22:00.0
- No11. Steve Bryant - RCC 22:23.8
- No9. Nick Everington - C&N 22:37.5
- No6. Ben Elliot - RCC 22:49.0
- No10. James Trigg -RCC 22:51.5
- No7. David Elliot - RCC 23:15.0
- No4. Damian Pittock - C&N 23:20.0
- No2. Peter Farnfield - RCC 24:09.9
- No13. Alistair Cunningham - RCC 24:26.8
- No3. Kev Jones - RCC 24:30.5
- No14. Chris West - C&N 24:46.0
- No5. Amy Thomas - C&N 26:54.1